Benadir University offers 5 public computer labs available to all students, faculty and staff. In addition, there are nearly 40 departmental computer labs that support the many academic programs available on our campus. The Microcomputer Labs provide a quick, easy and convenient way for members of the campus community to access computer and Internet services.
Lab schedules vary, but maintain many hours of availability for the convenience of all our students. Lab schedules may be modified over the summer. Please check the individual lab schedules, as labs are also frequently reserved for classes and therefore may be temporarily closed for public use.
Most labs are also equipped with printing capabilities. Benadir University offers all students a per-semester print quota that supports the requirements of most university classes and programs. Environmentally-friendly printers are installed in most labs with options like duplex (double-sided) printing available.
Computer Utilization Policy
- Boot-up computers from floppy disk is strictly PROHIBITED.
- Students should never correct original computer configuration or setup: BIOS setup, Windows Operating System setup, Files and Directory created, etc
- Students are NOT allowed to install Software or Hardware inside computers in the laboratory.
- Unauthorized copying of soft-ware or using illegally copied software is strictly FORBIDDEN.
- Respect the privacy of others by refraining from accessing their files or electronic mails.
- Students must promptly relinquish their tasks for scheduled classes or upon request by the laboratory supervisor.
- Computer games are strictly FORBIDDEN in the laboratory.
- DO NOT view, copy, download or scan pornography and pornographic materials in any form.
- Please check familiarize yourself with individual laboratory regulation and operating procedure.