Benadir University lab aims to assist students in their research endeavors. This lab will expand and support the teaching of all degree programs that B.U. intends to add in the near future, namely Electronics Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electronics Engineering and Automation, and Mechanical Engineering.
The lab also supports the research activities by the staff. Faculty of Engineering and Technology hold their own research center, namely the Center for Mechanical Engineering Sciences.
A great deal of almost any scientific study is the hands-on component that allows you to experiment, discover, and discuss theories and principles in the real world.
LAB RULES AND REGULATIONS
- All students must observe proper behavioral conduct and respect while in the laboratory.
- Sandals or open-toed shoes are NOT allowed.
- Foods, drinks and smoking are NOT allowed.
- All bags must be left at an indicated storage.
- The laboratory timetable must be strictly followed.
- Respect the laboratory and its other users. Noise must be kept to a minimum.
- All students are liable for any damage to equipment due to their own negligence.
- All equipment, apparatus, and tools must be RETURNED to their original place after use.
- Students are strictly PROHIBITED from taking out any items from the laboratory without permission from the laboratory supervisor.
- Students are NOT allowed to work alone in the laboratory.
- Report immediately to the laboratory supervisor any damages to equipment, hazards, and potential hazards.
- Refer to the laboratory supervisor should there be any concerns regarding the use of laboratory equipment.
- Routinely check the laboratory notice board regularly for any update and announcements.
Duties and Responsibilities of a Laboratory Supervisor
- To ensure an up-to-date catalog of the laboratory equipment is kept at all times, and to make an inventory check at the end of every semester.
- To ensure all equipment is maintained in excellent condition and are available at all times.
- To receive guests and presents demonstration from time to time.
- To carry out duties and assignments as required by the Head of Department/Dean from time to time.
Duties and Responsibilities of a Laboratory Assistant
- To ensure that the laboratory is assess able during office hours.
- To keep an up-to-date inventory of the laboratory equipment/consumables.
- To maintain and service the equipment in tip-top condition.
- To ensure that sufficient components and equipment are available for experiments.
- To help supervise laboratory sessions.
- To advise university staff and professor concerning laboratory sessions for students.